Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More kim-chi please!

Hello friends and family!

Danielle and I are here in South Korea, just outside of the capitol city, Seoul. We are currently in the Hyundai Learning Center in a beautiful hilly area. But it has been quite foggy and rainy and snowy. But there are heated floors (the best invention yet!) and plenty of Korean food to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner.

One of the things that we have to get used to is the staple food of Korea: Kim-Chi

It is a fermented cabbage dish that is very spicy and usually served cold. I know that most of you find this rather unappetizing, but I have grown quite fond of it. If you have no idea what I am talking about please watch this short video:

I (Danielle) haven't really gotten used to the kim-chi or spicy food but I'm learning. I really like the friendly people. All of our coordinators have been polite and helpful. I'm excited about the rest of the year!

2 comments:

  1. Love the kimchi video. The narrator is fantastic. We are excited to follow your adventures on the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I'm hoping to get my blog posts started this weekend. I'm going to take some local photos to upload. Be thankful for cool weather - it's hot and humid here esp Colombo (and no A/C:(!)
    Love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete